-   -   Can't Exit Design Mode (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/284537-cant-exit-design-mode.html)

MT DOJ Help Desk[_2_]

Can't Exit Design Mode

Excel 2000
Windows NT4

I have a worksheet with a number of check boxes and command buttons. Every
time I open the workbook I get the following error:

Can't exit design mode because Control 'AfterCheckingValidations' can
not be created

There used to be a control by that name, but it was deleted a few weeks
back. There are no other controls or variables by that name, and there are
no references to the name in the macros. Does anyone know what is causing
this, and how to fix it?

--Tom

RADO[_3_]

Can't Exit Design Mode

your file is corrupted
use VBA Code Cleaner utility
just search this group or Google for it. It's free

Best - RADO

"MT DOJ Help Desk" wrote in message
Excel 2000
Windows NT4

I have a worksheet with a number of check boxes and command buttons.

Every
time I open the workbook I get the following error:

Can't exit design mode because Control 'AfterCheckingValidations' can
not be created

There used to be a control by that name, but it was deleted a few weeks
back. There are no other controls or variables by that name, and there

are
no references to the name in the macros. Does anyone know what is causing
this, and how to fix it?

--Tom

Christof DB

Can't Exit Design Mode

no guarantee, but .

I'd first try to add the control again then save, close, open the file agai
It that works, you should be close to solving the problem

Christof

MT DOJ Help Desk[_2_]

Can't Exit Design Mode

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried the VBA Code Cleaner, but it did not
solve the problem. However, in reading about how the code cleaner works, I
was able to figure out a way to do it manually. I copied all the macro code
into a text file. I then copied each control into a new workbook, and named
then appropriately. I then copied the macros in from the text file. That
fixed the problem.

--Tom

"RADO" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it, but I got an error message saying
that the name was ambiguous. I guess Excel was seeing the old control and
therefore not allowing new controls by the same name. However, I did manage
to get it fixed. See the reply to RADO.

--Tom

"Christof DB" wrote in message
no guarantee, but ..

I'd first try to add the control again then save, close, open the file

again