-   -   unzipping a file (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/284513-unzipping-file.html)

MarkS[_2_]

unzipping a file

Hi,
I need to unzip a file and extract a excel spreadsheet
from it. Can any one tell me how to do this in VBA or
where I can find the tools to do this

Ron de Bruin

unzipping a file

If you use Winzip then you can do this

Check out the Winzip website for this Add-on
http://www.winzip.com/wzcline.htm

Afer you install this you can use something like this

Try this for unzip test.zip from C:\ to C:\

Sub test()
Shell "c:\program files\winzip\wzunzip c:\test.zip c:\"

Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2)
www.rondebruin.nl