-   -   Visual Basic Question (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/284488-visual-basic-question.html)

Craig

Visual Basic Question

I have several worksheets that I need to inset the page
number into the center footer. I would use the &page
number but my page numbers are in the format of "1-1, 1-2,
1-3, etc." Excel does not allow this so I am trying to
write a macro that asks me the page number and inserts it
into the center footer position. I have that part of the
macro written but I cannot format the font, size and
boldness of the page number. Can anyone give me a hand.
Here is the macro I have currently tried and I want it to
appear Arial Font size 4, and Bolded.

Sub PageNumber()
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.CenterFooter = InputBox("Enter
page Number")

End Sub

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in adance.

GJones

Visual Basic Question

Craig;

Here ya go;

Sub PageNumber()
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.CenterFooter = InputBox
("Enterpage Number")
With ActiveSheet.PageSetup
.LeftHeader = ""
.CenterHeader = ""
.RightHeader = ""
.LeftFooter = ""
.CenterFooter = "&""Arial Black,Bold""&11 44"
.RightFooter = ""
.LeftMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.75)
.RightMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.75)
.TopMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(1)
.BottomMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(1)
.HeaderMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.5)
.FooterMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.5)
.PrintHeadings = False
.PrintGridlines = False
.PrintComments = xlPrintNoComments
.PrintQuality = -3
.CenterHorizontally = False
.CenterVertically = False
.Orientation = xlPortrait
.Draft = False
.PaperSize = xlPaperLetter
.FirstPageNumber = xlAutomatic
.Order = xlDownThenOver
.BlackAndWhite = False
.Zoom = 100
.PrintErrors = xlPrintErrorsDisplayed
End With
End Sub

I have several worksheets that I need to inset the page
number into the center footer. I would use the &page
number but my page numbers are in the format of "1-1, 1-

2,
1-3, etc." Excel does not allow this so I am trying to
write a macro that asks me the page number and inserts it
into the center footer position. I have that part of the
macro written but I cannot format the font, size and
boldness of the page number. Can anyone give me a hand.
Here is the macro I have currently tried and I want it to
appear Arial Font size 4, and Bolded.

Sub PageNumber()
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.CenterFooter = InputBox("Enter
page Number")

End Sub

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in adance.
.

Craig[_8_]

Visual Basic Question

I tried this but I enter the page number and the page
number stays at 44. Which appears in .CenterFooter
= "&""Arial Black,Bold""&11 44" of your formula.

I am wondering if there is even a way to get this to work
with the InputBox feature. I have tried to use the
InputBox function where the "44" appears but cannot get it
to work.

Thanks for your help!!

[...]

George Nicholson[_2_]

Visual Basic Question

Sub PromptForFooter()

Dim strFooter As String

strFooter = InputBox("Enter Page Number:")
With ActiveSheet.PageSetup
.CenterFooter = "&""Arial,Bold""&4 " & strFooter
End With
End Sub

You did say you wanted Arial, Bold, 4 point, right?

If not, change the 4 but be *sure* to leave a space between it and the
closing quote or VBA will take the first part of your page number and treat
it as part of the Font size. When I ran this code without the space, a Font
size of 11 and strFooter equal to "2-1" I got a font size of 112 and a
Footer of "-1" in PrintPreview. An interesting result, but not what you
want. :-) This wouldn't be an issue if the value of strFooter began with a
non-numeric value.

Hope this helps,
--
George Nicholson

[...]