-   -   Combo Box (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/284369-combo-box.html)

Ryan[_7_]

Combo Box

I have a spreadsheet that is very large. data everywhere.
how do i create a macro for a combo box so when i

1) type a shortcut key it opens up the combo box where
ever i am on the spreadsheet

2) the combo box contains a list of items so when i
select an item it takes me to an assigned cell
destination.

this will help me navigate my spreadsheet a lot quicker
then having to scroll all over the place to look for
certain data.

thank you

Vasant Nanavati

Combo Box

Have you thought about naming specific ranges? Then you could navigate to
them using the Name Box (the dropdown to the left of the formula bar)
without dealing with floating Combo Boxes.

--

Vasant

"Ryan" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that is very large. data everywhere.
how do i create a macro for a combo box so when i

1) type a shortcut key it opens up the combo box where
ever i am on the spreadsheet

2) the combo box contains a list of items so when i
select an item it takes me to an assigned cell
destination.

this will help me navigate my spreadsheet a lot quicker
then having to scroll all over the place to look for
certain data.

thank you

patrick molloy

Combo Box

You could use hyperlinks - these will take to to cells
anywhere in the workbook.
You could use a sheet event , like right click then move
the combo box by setting its top and left properties to
the cell that you're in....

Place the following code in the sheet's code page ---
hint: right click the sheet tab & select View Code

Private Sub ComboBox1_Click()
ComboBox1.Visible = False
' process combo
End Sub
Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeRightClick(ByVal Target As
Range, Cancel As Boolean)
Cancel = True
ComboBox1.Top = Target.Top
ComboBox1.Left = Target.Left