-   -   Detecting Cell Edit Mode (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/284323-detecting-cell-edit-mode.html)

Marc[_15_]

Detecting Cell Edit Mode

I have a COM module that fires events at an Excel VBA class, the event need
to update a worksheet, but when the user is editing a cell the update fails
with Application Error.

Is there any way to detect wether a user is editing a cell (without trying
to update one) and Cancel the users edit (maybe prompt first) so the update
can go ahead?

Dick Kusleika[_3_]

Detecting Cell Edit Mode

Marc

There is no good way, but this is the best that I've seen

http://www.google.com/groups?threadm...0a% 40phx.gbl

--
Dick Kusleika
MVP - Excel