-   -   Number Display (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/284315-number-display.html)

pcw[_2_]

Number Display

I want to display values in the following manner -- if a
respondent enters a decimal place it will automatically
chop the decimal place without rounding the number up
(for example, 49.9 will display as 49 instead of 50).

At the same time I want to be able to have -49.9
recognized as a number.

What format would be good for this? There must be a way
to customize/format the cell to do both of these things.

Thanx in advance.

Jim Rech

Number Display

I don't think there is any number format that truncates for display
purposes; I think they all round.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP