-   -   Automate Password Protection for Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/284312-automate-password-protection-excel.html)

Jerry[_15_]

Automate Password Protection for Excel

I would like to know if there is some where in the Excel
object model where I can password protect a file through
automation? I can't use the "save as" function. I want
to be able to do it another way without the saving feature
because my app does the saving automatically and I can't
change the way it functions. But I can use VBscript to
change the file.

Thanks
Jerry

Bill Manville

Jerry wrote:
I would like to know if there is some where in the Excel
object model where I can password protect a file through
automation? I can't use the "save as" function.

I think you will have to use the Save As function to apply a password
to be used on opening the file. Has the file already been saved? If
so you can Save As the same name again, specifying the password

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England
No email replies please - reply in newsgroup