-   -   Test if Cell is within Range (name) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/284279-test-if-cell-within-range-name.html)

goepf[_6_]

Test if Cell is within Range (name)

I have a dynamic range (meaning the size will change) that is defined
with a name. How can I easily test if an active cell is within that
range?

Thanks,

'expl:

'Range B2:Z15 (name "TESTRANGE")

'ActiveCell D4

'Test if D4 is within "TESTRANGE"

Bob Umlas[_3_]

Test if Cell is within Range (name)

If Application.Intersect(Range("TESTRANGE"),Range("D4 ")) is Nothing then
msgbox "Does not intersect"
Else
msgbox "Intersects"
End If

Bob Umlas
Excel MVP

"goepf" wrote in message

I have a dynamic range (meaning the size will change) that is defined
with a name. How can I easily test if an active cell is within that
range?

Thanks,

'expl:

'Range B2:Z15 (name "TESTRANGE")

'ActiveCell D4

'Test if D4 is within "TESTRANGE"

~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to

creating financial statements

lars kofod

Test if Cell is within Range (name)

Dim Isect As Range
Set Isect = Application.Intersect(Range1, Range2)
If isect is nothing then
Do this
Else
Do that
End if

Lars Kofod
I have a dynamic range (meaning the size will change)

that is defined
with a name. How can I easily test if an active cell is

within that
range?

Thanks,

'expl:

'Range B2:Z15 (name "TESTRANGE")

'ActiveCell D4

'Test if D4 is within "TESTRANGE"

~~View and post usenet messages directly from

http://www.ExcelForum.com/

.