-   -   Yet another question naming ranges (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/284262-yet-another-question-naming-ranges.html)

No Name

Yet another question naming ranges

I have workbook in which I need to import data from a text file. Every time
I import the data the number of rows change so I delete the old data before
importing the new. Now, what I want to do is select the new data and reset
the range of a named range that already exists. I can select the new range
easy enough with :

Range("R3").Select

After the range is selected how do I rename it? I know its something simple
but I'm stuck here and would greatly appreciate any help.

TIA

Steve H

Vasant Nanavati

Yet another question naming ranges

You don't need to select anything.

Range(Range("R3"),Range("R3").End(xlDown)).Name = "NewName"

--

Vasant

wrote in message
I have workbook in which I need to import data from a text file. Every

time
I import the data the number of rows change so I delete the old data

before
importing the new. Now, what I want to do is select the new data and reset
the range of a named range that already exists. I can select the new

range
easy enough with :

Range("R3").Select

After the range is selected how do I rename it? I know its something

simple
but I'm stuck here and would greatly appreciate any help.

TIA

Steve H

Arvi Laanemets

Yet another question naming ranges

Hi

Maybe you try to use a dynamic named range instead

P.e. you data are in some range like A2:X### with headers in range A1:X1,
and cells in column A are never empty when there are some data in same row,
and there aren't any empty rows in used datarange.

Define named range as
YourRange=OFFSET(SheetX!$A$2,,,COUNTIF(Sheet!$A:$A ,"<")-1,24)

--
(When sending e-mail, use address )
Arvi Laanemets

wrote in message
I have workbook in which I need to import data from a text file. Every

time
I import the data the number of rows change so I delete the old data

before
importing the new. Now, what I want to do is select the new data and reset
the range of a named range that already exists. I can select the new

range
easy enough with :

Range("R3").Select

After the range is selected how do I rename it? I know its something

simple
but I'm stuck here and would greatly appreciate any help.

TIA

Steve H

No Name

Yet another question naming ranges

Vasant,

Thank you very much. I knew it was something simple.

Steve

wrote in message
I have workbook in which I need to import data from a text file. Every

time
I import the data the number of rows change so I delete the old data

before
importing the new. Now, what I want to do is select the new data and

reset
the range of a named range that already exists. I can select the new

range
easy enough with :

Range("R3").Select

After the range is selected how do I rename it? I know its something

simple
but I'm stuck here and would greatly appreciate any help.

TIA

Steve H

No Name

Yet another question naming ranges

Arvi,
Thanks for the advice. Vasant's solution fits my needs a little better.

Steve

wrote in message
I have workbook in which I need to import data from a text file. Every

time
I import the data the number of rows change so I delete the old data

before
importing the new. Now, what I want to do is select the new data and

reset
the range of a named range that already exists. I can select the new

range
easy enough with :

Range("R3").Select

After the range is selected how do I rename it? I know its something

simple
but I'm stuck here and would greatly appreciate any help.

TIA

Steve H

Don Guillett[_4_]

Yet another question naming ranges

But if the range was SELF adjusting you wouldn't need to adjust it.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

wrote in message
Arvi,
Thanks for the advice. Vasant's solution fits my needs a little better.

Steve

"Arvi Laanemets" wrote in message
Hi

Maybe you try to use a dynamic named range instead

P.e. you data are in some range like A2:X### with headers in range

A1:X1,
and cells in column A are never empty when there are some data in same

row,
and there aren't any empty rows in used datarange.

Define named range as
YourRange=OFFSET(SheetX!$A$2,,,COUNTIF(Sheet!$A:$A ,"<")-1,24)

--
(When sending e-mail, use address
)
Arvi Laanemets