-   -   Pocket Excel supports only some functions (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/284259-pocket-excel-supports-only-some-functions.html)

Jon Grieve

Pocket Excel supports only some functions

Hi,

I notice that Pocket Excel (from PPC2003) only supports a small subset
of the Functions available in the full Desktop version. Does anyone
know of a resource that documents what is/isn't available?

My specific problem right now is, Pocket Excel doesn't support the
FLOOR() function. Anyone know a work-around?

Thanks,
Jon

Harald Staff

Pocket Excel supports only some functions

Hi Jon

=FLOOR(A1,B1)
can be done as
=INT(A1/B1)*B1

--
HTH. Best wishes Harald
Followup to newsgroup only please

"Jon Grieve" <jgrieve@southdown-co-uk skrev i melding

I notice that Pocket Excel (from PPC2003) only supports a small subset
of the Functions available in the full Desktop version. Does anyone
know of a resource that documents what is/isn't available?

My specific problem right now is, Pocket Excel doesn't support the
FLOOR() function. Anyone know a work-around?

Thanks,
Jon

Jon Grieve

Pocket Excel supports only some functions

Ah, the irony... Seeing as I was doing FLOOR(A1,1), I can just use INT
with nothing clever. The point is, Excel's interpretation of the INT
function doesn't match mine. To me, INT should round down if the
decimal places are less then .5, otherwise round up.

e.g.

INT(3.4999) = 3
INT(3.5) = 4

/me slaps hand to forehead.