-   -   ShowAll Data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/284061-showall-data.html)

CiaraG

ShowAll Data

Does anyone know how to check whether a filter is active
on a worksheet?

I want to ensure that all data is on show before running a
recorded macro. However if I try to "show all data" on a
worksheet where there is no criteria set on a filter I get
an error message.

Any ideas on how to avoid this?

Thanks,

CiaraG

Tom Ogilvy

ShowAll Data

If activesheet.filtermode then
activesheet.showalldata
End if

Tom Ogilvy

"CiaraG" wrote in message
Does anyone know how to check whether a filter is active
on a worksheet?

I want to ensure that all data is on show before running a
recorded macro. However if I try to "show all data" on a
worksheet where there is no criteria set on a filter I get
an error message.

Any ideas on how to avoid this?

Thanks,

CiaraG

Charles Maxson

ShowAll Data

Ciara,

Try this:

Sub ShowAllData()

Dim ws As Worksheet
Set ws = ActiveSheet

If ws.AutoFilterMode = True Then
For Each afFilter In ws.AutoFilter.Filters
If afFilter.On = True Then
ws.AutoFilter.Parent.ShowAllData
Exit For
End If
Next

Charles
www.officezealot.com

"CiaraG" wrote in message
Does anyone know how to check whether a filter is active
on a worksheet?

I want to ensure that all data is on show before running a
recorded macro. However if I try to "show all data" on a
worksheet where there is no criteria set on a filter I get
an error message.

Any ideas on how to avoid this?

Thanks,

CiaraG

John C[_5_]

ShowAll Data

this should work:

If ActiveSheet.AutoFilterMode And ActiveSheet.FilterMode Then
ActiveSheet.ShowAllData

chrs, john