-   -   Switching off 'Save preview picture' in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/284008-switching-off-save-preview-picture-excel.html)

Bostjan

Switching off 'Save preview picture' in Excel

Hi!

Is it possible to swith off the option to save preview
picture (File-Properties) with a macro?

I'm automatically converting XLS files to HTML and
if 'Save preview picture' is enabled, then WMF and
filelist files are also created in a subfolder.

I could of course simply delete those subfolders, but I
usually convert a lot of files. Besides - I cannot simply
detect the files that create subfolders at conversion for
other reasons (eg. have data on several sheets).

Thanks,
Bostjan

Bill Manville

Bostjan wrote:
Is it possible to swith off the option to save preview
picture (File-Properties) with a macro?

Better late than never?

Sub NoPreviewPic()
SendKeys "^{PGUP}^{HOME}^{PGDN}+{TAB}+{TAB}+{TAB}-{TAB}{ENTER}"
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogProperties).Show
End Sub

Yuk!
I've submitted a request for programmatic access to this setting.

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England
No email replies please - reply in newsgroup