-   -   conditional formatting with a twist!! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/283781-conditional-formatting-twist.html)

Paul

conditional formatting with a twist!!

Hi Guys,

I need help with a conditional formatting problem. I
have the following fields in Excel:

id:
first name:
surname:
position:
fte:

and what beside each of them is a cell saying either true
or false.

what I need excel to do automatically, is to change the
listed felds above to a red font if true or leave as if,
If false.

Is there anyway to do this... preferably by Macro...

many thanks,

Paul

Don Guillett[_4_]

conditional formatting with a twist!!

See ans in previous conditional formatting question.
--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"paul" wrote in message
Hi Guys,

I need help with a conditional formatting problem. I
have the following fields in Excel:

id:
first name:
surname:
position:
fte:

and what beside each of them is a cell saying either true
or false.

what I need excel to do automatically, is to change the
listed felds above to a red font if true or leave as if,
If false.

Is there anyway to do this... preferably by Macro...

many thanks,

Paul

david mcritchie

conditional formatting with a twist!!

For just Conditional Formatting with no programming code see
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/condfmt.htm

I don't understand how True/False would be applicable to the
right of each cell.unless you are trying to show that a field is
not filled in. If you wanted to make sure that all of the
fields were filled in you could use something like
Select columns A:E with cell A1 as the activecell

formula is:
=OR(ISBLANK($A1),ISBLANK($B1),ISBLANK($C1),ISBLANK ($D1),ISBLANK($E1))

Then all cells in A:E per row would show a red font if any cell
in columns A:E of the row are filled in.
---
HTH,

"paul" wrote in message ...
Hi Guys,

I need help with a conditional formatting problem. I
have the following fields in Excel:

id:
first name:
surname:
position:
fte:

and what beside each of them is a cell saying either true
or false.

what I need excel to do automatically, is to change the
listed felds above to a red font if true or leave as if,
If false.

Is there anyway to do this... preferably by Macro...

many thanks,

Paul

david mcritchie

conditional formatting with a twist!!

Meant for last line to read:
Then all cells in A:E per row would show a red font if any cell
in columns A:E of the row are filled in **but not all cells in
columns A:e of the row**..