-   -   How To: Get Last Cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/283759-how-get-last-cell.html)

patrick molloy

How To: Get Last Cell

Using those special cells is a bit like using the F5
(GoTo) key, and thus fires the selection change event.

If you want the last cell in a column
Set rgeEnd = Range("A1").End(xlDown)
OR
Set rgeEnd = Range("A65000").End(xlUp)
which I prefer as it means we don't worry about gaps in
the column.

If you must use the special cells then try this

Application.EnableEvents = False

Set rgeEnd = Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeLastCell)

Application.EnableEvents = True

Patrick Molloy
Microsoft Excel MVP