-   -   Converting figures into words In Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/283741-converting-figures-into-words-excel.html)

Mahesh.P.P

Converting figures into words In Excel

Hi,

Could anybody help me. Just need to know how to convert
figures into words automatically. ie, when I enter a
figure , I need it to be displayed in words. To be more
precise, when I enter a cheque amount in a cell, I need
the amount to be converted into words and displayed in the
next cell in Excel. Please help

Regards
Mahesh

Kevin McCartney[_2_]

Converting figures into words In Excel

You'll find a function on this web page, you can change
the wording to suit your locale requirements.

http://www.planet-source-
code.com/vb/scripts/ShowCodeAsText.asp?
txtCodeId=520&lngWId=-1

regards
KM
Could anybody help me. Just need to know how to convert
figures into words automatically. ie, when I enter a
figure , I need it to be displayed in words. To be more
precise, when I enter a cheque amount in a cell, I need
the amount to be converted into words and displayed in

the
next cell in Excel. Please help

Regards
Mahesh
.

Bill Manville

Mahesh.P.P wrote:
Just need to know how to convert
figures into words automatically. ie, when I enter a
figure , I need it to be displayed in words.

Try this, from the MS Knowledgebase

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England
No email replies please - reply in newsgroup

R.Venkataraman

Converting figures into words In Excel

my notes say "consult Laurent Longre's" site. try to get it through google