-   -   Inserting TextBox1 Value into Conditional Column/Row4 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/283720-inserting-textbox1-value-into-conditional-column-row4.html)

Todd Huttenstine[_3_]

Inserting TextBox1 Value into Conditional Column/Row4

Sheets("Team Data").Range("X2").Value & "4" = TextBox1.Value

I am trying to write a code(located above) that will insert TextBox1 value
into a cell on Row4. The Column Letter will always be located in cell X2.
For instance, if the value in cell X2 is "W", then I need the code to enter
TextBox1.Value into cell W4. Here is the code I have so far. Right now the
code is coming up color red and saying compile error: expected expression.
I can not figure out what I'm doing wrong. Can anyone tell me what the
correct code would be?

Thank you
Todd Huttenstine

J.E. McGimpsey

Inserting TextBox1 Value into Conditional Column/Row4

One way:

With Sheets("Team Data")
.Range(.Range("X2").Value & 4).Value = TextBox1.Value
End With

In article ,
"Todd Huttenstine" wrote:

Sheets("Team Data").Range("X2").Value & "4" = TextBox1.Value

I am trying to write a code(located above) that will insert TextBox1 value
into a cell on Row4. The Column Letter will always be located in cell X2.
For instance, if the value in cell X2 is "W", then I need the code to enter
TextBox1.Value into cell W4. Here is the code I have so far. Right now the
code is coming up color red and saying compile error: expected expression.
I can not figure out what I'm doing wrong. Can anyone tell me what the
correct code would be?

Thank you
Todd Huttenstine

Vasant Nanavati

Inserting TextBox1 Value into Conditional Column/Row4

Sheets("Team Data").Range(Range("X2").Value & "4") = TextBox1.Value

--

Vasant

"Todd Huttenstine" wrote in message
Sheets("Team Data").Range("X2").Value & "4" = TextBox1.Value

I am trying to write a code(located above) that will insert TextBox1 value
into a cell on Row4. The Column Letter will always be located in cell X2.
For instance, if the value in cell X2 is "W", then I need the code to

enter
TextBox1.Value into cell W4. Here is the code I have so far. Right now

the
code is coming up color red and saying compile error: expected expression.
I can not figure out what I'm doing wrong. Can anyone tell me what the
correct code would be?

Thank you
Todd Huttenstine

J.E. McGimpsey

Inserting TextBox1 Value into Conditional Column/Row4

Note that this will fail if Sheet Team Data is not the active sheet
since Range("X2") is not qualified

In article ,
"Vasant Nanavati" <vasantn *AT* aol *DOT* com wrote:

Sheets("Team Data").Range(Range("X2").Value & "4") = TextBox1.Value

Vasant Nanavati

Inserting TextBox1 Value into Conditional Column/Row4

Thanks, J.E.; good catch.

Regards,

Vasant.

"J.E. McGimpsey" wrote in message
Note that this will fail if Sheet Team Data is not the active sheet
since Range("X2") is not qualified

In article ,
"Vasant Nanavati" <vasantn *AT* aol *DOT* com wrote:

Sheets("Team Data").Range(Range("X2").Value & "4") = TextBox1.Value

Todd Huttenstine[_3_]

Inserting TextBox1 Value into Conditional Column/Row4

Thanx to both.