-   -   #Holding values in different format# (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/283665-holding-values-different-format.html)

Dean Knox[_2_]

#Holding values in different format#

Hi,

A 16 digit number is to be entered into a vbform textbox,
on leaving or pressing enter, I would like this number:

e.g abcdefghijklmnop

to be displyed in this format:

abcd efgh ijkl mnop

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Dean

patrick molloy

#Holding values in different format#

did you try just formatting the cell?
like "### ### ###" for example

if its a text string that you need rather than leaving
the data as a number, then you could use someting like
txt = textbox1.text
MyText = left(txt,4) & " " & mid(txt,5,4) & " "
MyText =MyText & mid(txt,9,4) & " " & right(txt,4)

Patrick Molloy
Microsoft Excel MVP