-   -   Embedding command buttons in cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/283573-embedding-command-buttons-cells.html)

Andy

Embedding command buttons in cells

Just a thought;

Is it possible to embed a command button within a cell, so that it positions
and resizes accordingly? I'm assuming it would have to be code to specify
this.

Ta

Andy

Bernie Deitrick[_2_]

Embedding command buttons in cells

Andy,

If you use a command button from the control toolbox, make it slightly
larger than the cell so that it covers all the cell's borders, and set
the button's properties so that it moves and sizes with cells, then
you can do it automatically.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Andy" wrote in message
Just a thought;

Is it possible to embed a command button within a cell, so that it

positions
and resizes accordingly? I'm assuming it would have to be code to

specify
this.

Ta

Andy

Dave Peterson[_3_]

Embedding command buttons in cells

You can use VBA to make it fit exact or you can hold the alt key while you're
positioning the object. With the alt key held down, the object will snap to the
cell's edge.

And do that "move and size" with the cell, too.

And try positioning an object when you hold down the shift key. It'll do
something else that might be useful.

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson[_3_]

Embedding command buttons in cells

And you may want to turn gridlines on to help.

And one mo If you show the drawing toolbar, there's a "draw" icon that
allows you to snap-to, align, nudge and more. Might be useful when you're
lining the buttons up.