-   -   Array Help (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/283486-array-help.html)

steve yuchs

Array Help

I currently am using excel to gather data from an
instrument that is used in the lab. I can paste the
results from the instrument program into an excel sheet
using the paste special link, and the instrument program
will automatically update the sheet using a DDE. The
problem is it keeps overwriting the same cell (where the
pastespecial link is placed). The instrument program is
writing the data out in an array, and every time I try to
do anything to the array, it says you cant modify it. I
would like to just grab the first line of the array, and
move it to another worksheet. Then when the DDE updates, I
would like to have the second worksheet move down a row and
write the next piece of data. Can someone please help an
inexperienced excel user out. Thanks in advance.

Tom Ogilvy

Array Help

Dim rng as Range, rng1 as Range
set rng = worksheets("Sheet2").cells(rows.count,1).End(xlup) (2)
set rng1 = Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("A5:M5")
rng.Resize(1,rng1.columns.count).Value= rng1.Value

Tom Ogilvy