-   -   AutoFilter (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/283334-autofilter.html)

longbow

AutoFilter

Hello,

Could someone please advise on how I can accomplish the followin
task:

I wish to create a macro that asks the user for two dates.

For example: The user may wish to AutoFilter all the records in the
spreadsheet that have a dates between 01 Jul 2003 and 31 Jul 2003.

Selection.AutoFilter Field:=3, Criteria1:="=01JUL03", Operator:=xlAnd
_
Criteria2:="<=31JUL03"

I do not know how to get user input into the above VBA code.

I'd like two input boxes, one for the start date and one for the en
date.

Column 3 of the spreadsheet has a heading called Date Demanded.

Thanks,

Chris.
:

Don Guillett[_4_]

AutoFilter

Easy. Why not just look at vbe help index for INPUT BOX
then try
x=inputbox(etc
Selection.AutoFilter Field:=3, Criteria1:="=01JUL03", Operator:=xlAnd,

Selection.AutoFilter Field:=3, Criteria1:=""=" & x& "", Operator:=xlAnd,

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"longbow" wrote in message

Hello,

Could someone please advise on how I can accomplish the following
task:

I wish to create a macro that asks the user for two dates.

For example: The user may wish to AutoFilter all the records in the
spreadsheet that have a dates between 01 Jul 2003 and 31 Jul 2003.

Selection.AutoFilter Field:=3, Criteria1:="=01JUL03", Operator:=xlAnd,
_
Criteria2:="<=31JUL03"

I do not know how to get user input into the above VBA code.

I'd like two input boxes, one for the start date and one for the end
date.

Column 3 of the spreadsheet has a heading called Date Demanded.

Thanks,

Chris.
:)

~~ Message posted from
http://www.ExcelTip.com/

Debra Dalgleish

AutoFilter

You can use input boxes for the start and end dates:

'=================
Dim strA As String
Dim strB As String
strA = Application.InputBox("Start Date")
strB = Application.InputBox("End Date")

Selection.AutoFilter Field:=3, Criteria1:="=" & strA, _
Operator:=xlAnd, Criteria2:="<=" & strB
'==============================

Or, create dropdown list of dates on the worksheet using data validation:

Format these dates the same as the dates in column C.

The user will select a start and end date from the dropdown lists, then
run the AutoFilter macro:

'==================================
Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="=" & Range("K1").Value, _
Operator:=xlAnd, Criteria2:="<=" & Range("L1").Value
'==================================

longbow wrote:
Hello,

Could someone please advise on how I can accomplish the following
task:

I wish to create a macro that asks the user for two dates.

For example: The user may wish to AutoFilter all the records in the
spreadsheet that have a dates between 01 Jul 2003 and 31 Jul 2003.

Selection.AutoFilter Field:=3, Criteria1:="=01JUL03", Operator:=xlAnd,
_
Criteria2:="<=31JUL03"

I do not know how to get user input into the above VBA code.

I'd like two input boxes, one for the start date and one for the end
date.

Column 3 of the spreadsheet has a heading called Date Demanded.

Thanks,

Chris.
:)

Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

longbow

AutoFilter

Thankyou Don for you help, much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Chris. :

Don Guillett[_4_]

AutoFilter