-   -   Explanation of code (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/283217-explanation-code.html)

marksuza

Explanation of code

Hi, I am pretty new to vb and I was wondering if somebody could explai
me how this code works:

Dim temp As Range
Set temp = Intersect(Target, Range("H3:H16"))
If temp Is Nothing Then
Else
Target.Offset(0, -1) = Target.Offset(0, -1) - Target

what does 'Target As Range' mean and how can 'Target' be something i
we dont input anything? Also explain the intersect function please.

Thanks a lot guys. Regards,

Marco

Harald Staff

Explanation of code

Hi Marcos

The WorksheetChange is a predefined event, the macro runs when cells are
changed. We don't input anything, Excel does herself. She inputs Target,
which is the cell or the cells that just changed content.

A range is one or more cells. Target is a range, H3:H16 is another.
Intersect is the cells that those two ranges have in common. If you change
(for example by Paste) the cells C4:N4 then this is Target and cell H4 is
the cell that is exist both ranges, it's "intersect". If Intersect is
nothing then Target has nothing to do with H3:H16, otherwise an action is
performed.

--
HTH. Best wishes Harald
Followup to newsgroup only please

"marksuza" skrev i melding

Hi, I am pretty new to vb and I was wondering if somebody could explain
me how this code works:

Dim temp As Range
Set temp = Intersect(Target, Range("H3:H16"))
If temp Is Nothing Then
Else
Target.Offset(0, -1) = Target.Offset(0, -1) - Target

what does 'Target As Range' mean and how can 'Target' be something if
we dont input anything? Also explain the intersect function please.

Thanks a lot guys. Regards,

Marcos

marksuza[_2_]

Explanation of code