-   -   Autofilter help (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/283211-autofilter-help.html)

Chris

Autofilter help

I need some help. I have generated a form with a date in
it without difficulty. However, after that my program
imports data and I want to autofilter the data based on
the date that was put in the form. Eg.. On running the
program, I enter a date of 18/11/2003 into a text box.
This is then written to a cell in sheet 2. The data is
loaded into sheet 1 and the filter is set but what I want
to do is then filter on the date that has already been
keyed. How do I do it???
..

Ken Dales

Autofilter help

You can write VBA code (and make it an Event procedure
tied to whatever event you wish to trigger the filtering)
using the Autofilter method of the Range object - check
VBA Help file for details, but basically you would do
something like:

Range("RangeName").Autofilter 5, Range("DateCell").Value

This tells Excel to apply an autofilter to the range
called "RangeName" where the 5th column (assuming that is
your date column) is filtered to show whatever is in the
cell I have called "DateCell" - The autofilter method
applied to the range with no arguments will then remove
the autofilter, once you are done.

.