-   -   Speedup choices from a long list (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/283198-speedup-choices-long-list.html)

JSnader

Speedup choices from a long list

I would like to speedup choosing from a dropdown by entering the first
letters.
How can I get closer as I enter more letters?
Is there a faster way then with a dropdown?

I hope your explaination is clearer then my question!! :)

TIA
James

Tom Ogilvy

Speedup choices from a long list

If you list is sorted, then this is supported in Comboboxes from the control
toolbox toolbar (if you select that setting). Dropdowns from the forms
toolbar and using the list option in Data validation do not.

Tom Ogilvy

link.net...