-   -   Crash upon using RefEdit (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/282840-crash-upon-using-refedit.html)

Oliver Kharraz

Crash upon using RefEdit

Hello,

I am experiencing a strange behavior when using RefEdit in Excel:
occasionally, the entire application just shuts down after the Exit routine
is called - for no apparent reason. Is there something special I have to
consider when using RefEdit?

Thanks for your help,

Oliver

Tom Ogilvy

Crash upon using RefEdit

Don't use it on a modeless userform. The userform must be modal. This is
stated in the help for the refedit - at least in xl2000.

Tom Ogilvy

"Oliver Kharraz" wrote in message
Hello,

I am experiencing a strange behavior when using RefEdit in Excel:
occasionally, the entire application just shuts down after the Exit

routine
is called - for no apparent reason. Is there something special I have to
consider when using RefEdit?

Thanks for your help,

Oliver

onedaywhen

Crash upon using RefEdit

Do a search for the keywords 'RefEdit' and 'buggy' in the google
archives for this group i.e.

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=re...el.programming

"Oliver Kharraz" wrote in message ...
Hello,

I am experiencing a strange behavior when using RefEdit in Excel:
occasionally, the entire application just shuts down after the Exit routine
is called - for no apparent reason. Is there something special I have to
consider when using RefEdit?

Thanks for your help,

Oliver

Harald Staff

Crash upon using RefEdit

Adding to the others, and only from memory: it does not like being placed on a container
(like a multipage, tabstrip, frame, ...). Try putting it directly onto the form and see if
it helps.

--
HTH. Best wishes Harald
Followup to newsgroup only please.