-   -   how to open a url in a new window from VBA on Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/282810-how-open-url-new-window-vba-excel.html)

SMV

how to open a url in a new window from VBA on Excel

Hi,

How do we open a url in a new window from VBA on Excel?
I am checking some values in the cell and depends upon the
value, it should direct to particular url.

please help.

Thanks in advance

Edwin Tam (MS MVP)

how to open a url in a new window from VBA on Excel

The basic statements to open an URL using VAB is:

If Workbooks.Count = 0 Then Workbooks.add
ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink address:="http://www.microsoft.com", NewWindow:=True

Note the first line to add a new workbook if no workbook is currently available. This is not mandatory. But in case there is no workbook available, the FollowHyperlink link will give an error. Use that line if you're working on an add-in. Ingnore that if not.