-   -   Excel Worksheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/282787-excel-worksheets.html)

Brian

Excel Worksheets

When I open a specific Excel workbook, the title bar
shows "Microsoft Excel - worksheet_name.xls:2". There is
only one worksheet window, why the ":2". If you close the
worksheet, Excel does not close. There is VBA code
associated with the worksheet which remains open.
I an using Excel 2000 with Windows XP.
Thanks for any help.

Anders S

Excel Worksheets

Brian,

the "xls:2" means that there is indeed another window. Maybe it is hidden.
Try WindowUnhide (I think it's called that). Then close one of the windows, save the file and you'll be OK,

HTH
Anders Silvén

"Brian" skrev i meddelandet ...
When I open a specific Excel workbook, the title bar
shows "Microsoft Excel - worksheet_name.xls:2". There is
only one worksheet window, why the ":2". If you close the
worksheet, Excel does not close. There is VBA code
associated with the worksheet which remains open.
I an using Excel 2000 with Windows XP.
Thanks for any help.

Brian

Excel Worksheets

Anders,

It is not due to a hidden worksheet. I unhid all hidden
worksheets to check. If you select "Windows" on the menu
bar the drop down menu only shows one worksheet, which if
selected is "xls:2".

Thanks,
Brian
the "xls:2" means that there is indeed another window.

Maybe it is hidden.
Try WindowUnhide (I think it's called that). Then close

one of the windows, save the file and you'll be OK,

HTH
Anders Silvén

"Brian" skrev i

meddelandet ...
When I open a specific Excel workbook, the title bar
shows "Microsoft Excel - worksheet_name.xls:2". There

is
only one worksheet window, why the ":2". If you close

the
worksheet, Excel does not close. There is VBA code
associated with the worksheet which remains open.
I an using Excel 2000 with Windows XP.
Thanks for any help.

.

Tom Ogilvy

Excel Worksheets

apparently you have two windows for the workbook, but one of the windows is
hidden. Make worksheet_name.xls:2 as the active window

in the workbook put this code

sub showWindows
for each wd in ActiveWorkbook.windows
wd.Visible = True
Next
End Sub

and run it

or simply go to the Windows menu and choose unhide, then select
worksheet_name.xls:1

Tom Ogilvy

"Brian" wrote in message
When I open a specific Excel workbook, the title bar
shows "Microsoft Excel - worksheet_name.xls:2". There is
only one worksheet window, why the ":2". If you close the
worksheet, Excel does not close. There is VBA code
associated with the worksheet which remains open.
I an using Excel 2000 with Windows XP.
Thanks for any help.

Anders S

Excel Worksheets

Hmmm...

Beats me what it is. Let's hope for the gurus to cut in :)

Anders

"Brian" skrev i meddelandet ...
[...]

No Name

Excel Worksheets

Tom,

Thanks it worked.

Brian
[...]

The OP doesn't say what did it, wd.Visible = True, or WindowsUnhide (which I first suggested).

I just wonder if there may be a window property that will hide the window from WindowsUnhide, but still make the window accessible from VBA?

Best regards,
Anders Silvén

skrev i meddelandet ...
Tom,