-   -   modify formulas with dropdown (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/282746-modify-formulas-dropdown.html)

James[_14_]

modify formulas with dropdown

I use a macro to add sheets as needed and name them
according to the date,(Nov 17 03) and add the name to a
list.

I would like to have a dropdown to pick a sheet and
several formulas to tell the contents of that particular
page. (Actually several dropdowns so I can compare
several dates together)

How can I reference the correct sheet in my formulas,
with out using a macro?

Tom Ogilvy

modify formulas with dropdown

have the dropdown linked to a cell so the sheet name is stored in the linked
cell.

then you can use indirect in your formulas

Assume A1 has the name of the sheet

=Sum(indirect("'" & a1 & "'!B9:C21"))

Tom Ogilvy