-   -   Query Parameters (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/282562-query-parameters.html)

jeff

Query Parameters

I have a template that contains a query and macros/modules
behind it that I use daily. When I first created the
query that contains parameters I could see what column the
parameter was looking for, however, all of the sudden I
can no longer see the column. I still get the box to
enter the parameter, but if I forget the order then of
course the query doesn't work correctly. How can I get
this back. I tried creating a new one, by copying and
pasting, but that didn't work. I really don't want to
create a new query because this one took so much time.

Thanks for any help in advance.
Jeff

Dick Kusleika[_3_]

Query Parameters

Jeff

I have a template that contains a query and macros/modules
behind it that I use daily. When I first created the
query that contains parameters I could see what column the
parameter was looking for, however, all of the sudden I
can no longer see the column.

Do you mean Excel highlighted the column to which the parameter would apply?
I've never seen that. What version of Excel are you using?

I still get the box to
enter the parameter, but if I forget the order then of
course the query doesn't work correctly. How can I get
this back. I tried creating a new one, by copying and
pasting, but that didn't work. I really don't want to
create a new query because this one took so much time.

It seems that with each parameter, you have a prompt. Can you make your
prompt such that the column would be obvious? Like "Enter pay period
beginning date" instead of "Enter date."

--
Dick Kusleika
MVP - Excel