-   -   Referencing funciton to workbook (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/282503-referencing-funciton-workbook.html)

Juan Sanchez

Referencing funciton to workbook

Im trying to write up a funtion on vba that will give an
answer based on a workbook saved on a specific path on my
pc. How do I call a fixed workbook up on a function.

The function will look for a value always in this
spreadsheet, and will work like a double vlookup, the
matrix where it will look up has colums Date | Bench | Part
the output of the function will be the part when I give
Date & Bench i.e. =Part(date,bench) on excel will give the
part that was produced on that day and bench per the
hidden workbook database.

Any help is greatly apreciate.

Regards
JS

Tom Ogilvy

Referencing funciton to workbook

Just have the macro open the workbook and extract the data.

You won't be able to use this as a worksheet function, however.

If you need to use this capability in a worksheet, you need to concatenate
the date and part together in the leftmost column so you can use a vlookup
function directly and skip the macro.

Tom Ogilvy

"Juan Sanchez" wrote in message
Im trying to write up a funtion on vba that will give an
answer based on a workbook saved on a specific path on my
pc. How do I call a fixed workbook up on a function.

The function will look for a value always in this
spreadsheet, and will work like a double vlookup, the
matrix where it will look up has colums Date | Bench | Part
the output of the function will be the part when I give
Date & Bench i.e. =Part(date,bench) on excel will give the
part that was produced on that day and bench per the
hidden workbook database.

Any help is greatly apreciate.

Regards
JS

Juan Sanchez

Referencing funciton to workbook

Thanks Tom. That's what I thought, just wanted to check.

Regards
JS

[...]

Date & Bench i.e. =Part(date,bench) on excel will give

the