-   -   Autofilter (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/282440-autofilter.html)

Antonio Bustamante

Autofilter

What can I do when I have in a database a list of numbers
for example:

54
51
65
63

Then put an autofilter an select (custom) and in the
window I select (show rows where) contains, but I can`t
see the number 54, only I se if select "equals" but I need
always use "contains"

What I need to select "contains" and see the number 54?
I apreciate any help

Tom Ogilvy

Autofilter

Do you have a header row at the top. If not, the autofilter is treating the
row with 54 as a header row. Put a header row

Header1
54
51
65
63

Tom Ogilvy

"Antonio Bustamante" wrote in message
What can I do when I have in a database a list of numbers
for example:

54
51
65
63

Then put an autofilter an select (custom) and in the
window I select (show rows where) contains, but I can`t
see the number 54, only I se if select "equals" but I need
always use "contains"

What I need to select "contains" and see the number 54?
I apreciate any help

arno

Autofilter

Hi Antonio,

What I need to select "contains" and see the number 54?
I apreciate any help

additionaly to Tom I found that "contains" only works for _text_ and not for
numbers. So, if you have numbers in your columns your filter will not work.

Change the format of your numbers to text with the TEXT-function, eg.
=text(a1;"0;-0;0"). Use help to find out more about that function.

best regards

arno

Antonio Bustamante

Autofilter

Thanks per your help

wrote in message
What can I do when I have in a database a list of

numbers
for example:

54
51
65
63

Then put an autofilter an select (custom) and in the
window I select (show rows where) contains, but I can`t
see the number 54, only I se if select "equals" but I

need
always use "contains"

What I need to select "contains" and see the number 54?
I apreciate any help

.

Antonio Bustamante

Autofilter

Thanks for your help I change the numbers to Text, yes work