-   -   button focus (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/282395-button-focus.html)

billQ

button focus

Hello, Need to know how to tell if a button has the focus.
thanks
bill

Edwin Tam (MS MVP)

button focus

I don't know a way to do it in Excel VBA. But if you want a control to get the focus, you can use "SetFocus".

But even if there is a way to do it, I don't know how it can be applied. Maybe you can share with us why you need to do that.

----- billq wrote: -----

Hello, Need to know how to tell if a button has the focus.
thanks
bill

onedaywhen

button focus

Set a flag in code when the button is clicked, reset the flag when
something else (another control, a worksheet cell, etc as appropriate)
is selected. Then, to know if the button has the focus, test the flag.

"billq" wrote in message ...
Hello, Need to know how to tell if a button has the focus.
thanks
bill

billQ

button focus

Hi and thanks for the reply. I have a combination of cells, command
buttons, and radio buttons that I am trying to set up a tab order using
Application.OnKey("{TAB}", "tabPress" to capture the tab key. For tabPress
I am using if then, elseif
structure to determine the active cell or button and where to move the
focus.
ex) if ActiveCell = Range("AccountNumber") then
Application.Goto Reference "Amount"
else if ActiveCell = Range("Amount") then
Sheet1.CashRB.Activate
else if Sheet1.CashRB 'this is where I need to determine if the
control has the focus so that I can move the focus to the next control

how this give you more idea as to what I am trying to do. If I had to do it
all over again I would make this sheet a form by itself.
thanks
bill

"billq" wrote in message
Hello, Need to know how to tell if a button has the focus.
thanks
bill

onedaywhen

button focus

Something like:

Private m_blnHasFocusCashRB

If m_blnHasFocusCashRB Then

Application.Goto Reference "AccountNumber"
m_blnHasFocusCashRB = False

Else

If ActiveCell = Range("AccountNumber") then
Application.Goto Reference "Amount"
else if ActiveCell = Range("Amount") then
Sheet1.CashRB.Activate
m_blnHasFocusCashRB = True
End if

End if