-   -   duplicating macros (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/282321-duplicating-macros.html)

Sheetal[_5_]

duplicating macros

This is the code for my macro:

Windows("dump.xls").Activate
Cells.Replace What:="$", Replacement:="", LookAt:=xlPart
SearchOrder:= _
xlByRows, MatchCase:=False
Cells.Select
ActiveWindow.Zoom = 75
Columns("A:A").Select
Selection.Copy
Windows("New_format_PL_101103_test.xls").Activate
Range("A1").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
Windows("dump.xls").Activate
Columns("B:D").Select
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.Copy
Windows("New_format_PL_101103_test.xls").Activate
Range("C1").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
Windows("dump.xls").Activate

As you can see, it copies information from one page and pastes it int
another. my problem is, how can I replicate this macro without havin
the names of the files in there. I plan to make a new document b
copying new_format_pl_101103.xls everyday, and renaming it, so today
this document is called new_format_pl_111103.xls. I don't want to hav
to go into the code everyday so that my macro can be run.

Please help me. Thanks

Sheeta

Harald Staff

duplicating macros

Hi Sheetal

Sub test()
Dim Dayfile As String
Dayfile = "New_format_pl_" & _
Format(Date, "ddmmyy") & ".xls"
MsgBox Dayfile
End Sub

As you hopefully know; To use a string variable as that, do not put quotes around it:
Windows(Dayfile)
NOT
Windows("Dayfile")

--
HTH. Best wishes Harald
Followup to newsgroup only please.

"Sheetal" wrote in message

This is the code for my macro:

Windows("dump.xls").Activate
Cells.Replace What:="$", Replacement:="", LookAt:=xlPart,
SearchOrder:= _
xlByRows, MatchCase:=False
Cells.Select
ActiveWindow.Zoom = 75
Columns("A:A").Select
Selection.Copy
Windows("New_format_PL_101103_test.xls").Activate
Range("A1").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
Windows("dump.xls").Activate
Columns("B:D").Select
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.Copy
Windows("New_format_PL_101103_test.xls").Activate
Range("C1").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
Windows("dump.xls").Activate

As you can see, it copies information from one page and pastes it into
another. my problem is, how can I replicate this macro without having
the names of the files in there. I plan to make a new document by
copying new_format_pl_101103.xls everyday, and renaming it, so today,
this document is called new_format_pl_111103.xls. I don't want to have
to go into the code everyday so that my macro can be run.

Please help me. Thanks

Sheetal

Sheetal[_6_]

duplicating macros

I put the command you gave me into my code, and took out the quotatio
marks, but my code is still coming up with errors. The dates that I a
working with, are 1 day behind. how can i sort this out?

Thank you so much for your hel

Harald Staff

duplicating macros

What errors ? What do they say ?

For yesterday:
Format(Date - 1, "ddmmyy")

--
HTH. Best wishes Harald
Followup to newsgroup only please

"Sheetal" skrev i melding

I put the command you gave me into my code, and took out the quotation
marks, but my code is still coming up with errors. The dates that I am
working with, are 1 day behind. how can i sort this out?

Thank you so much for your help

Sheetal[_7_]

duplicating macros

The errors were just runtime errors, but I have fixed them now. Than
so much for your help!!

Regards,
Sheeta