-   -   Application.OnTime and Visual C++ (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/282274-application-ontime-visual-c.html)

cdupain

Application.OnTime and Visual C++

I understand the way Application.OnTime works using VBA
Can I use this functionality within a Visual C++ environment
I want to execute non-pre-emptive functions written in C++

Using the Windows or Multimedia Timer, I can execute timed functions but this results in crashes when accessing Excel
An alternative would be to let the timer generate a Windows message which is handled by the Excel Application to trigger an event (like OnSelChanged). Is that a possiblility?