Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Run-time 1004 error on range select

Hello,

I have a command button on Sheet1 that I use to insert a new column o
that sheet, but now need it to also copy column "A" on Sheet2 to th
first blank column on that sheet.

Here is what I have:

Private Sub CommandButton2_Click()

' Insert new column on Sheet1
ActiveCell.Select
Selection.EntireColumn.Insert Shift:=xlToRight

Dim src As Range
Dim dest As Range
Set src = Cells("2", ActiveCell.Column + 1)
Set dest = Cells("2", ActiveCell.Column)
src.Copy dest

' copy column on Sheet2
Sheets("sheet2").Activate
Columns("A").Select
Selection.Copy

Range("E1").End(xlToRight).Select
Selection.EntireColumn.Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
End Sub

But, it seems like no matter how I phrase the range select on Sheet2,
get a run-time 1004 error: select method of range class failed. I'v
also tried:

' copy column on Sheet2
Sheets("sheet2").Activate
Range("A1").Select