-   -   Changing betwen workbooks (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/282199-changing-betwen-workbooks.html)

Jordi

Changing betwen workbooks

If I have a Workbook with code opened, and an external application creates
and open a new workbook this second workbook is opened in a new Excel
Enviroment and I coudn't access to it form the first one.

I have to windows opened, but the code only returns one.

Public Function funfinestres()
Dim wdw As Window
For Each wdw In Application.Windows
MsgBox wdw.Caption
Next
End Function

Tom Ogilvy

Changing betwen workbooks

A separate instance of excel is no different than any other application. If
you want to work with that instance, you would have to use GetObject, but I
don't think there is a way you can guarantee that it won't grab the current
instance.

You can use the API to find the separate windows, but I don't know how you
would convert that to a com interface so you could control that application.

Tom Ogilvy