-   -   ScreenUpdating not effective (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/282198-screenupdating-not-effective.html)

Boaz Michaely

ScreenUpdating not effective

Dear Experts,
Can you help me reduce uncontrolled screen updates ?

The problem is that when the user moves the cursor to a
column which is not shown on the screen, Excell
immediately repositions the sheet and updates the screen.

My macros catch the selection change and reposition the
sheet in a special way, however that happens only after
excel has updated the screen.
None of the following seems to make a difference:

With Application
.ScreenUpdating = False
.EnableEvents = False
.Calculation = xlCalculationManual
End With

Is there hope ? ...

Tom Ogilvy

ScreenUpdating not effective

About the best you could do is use the ScrollArea setting to prevent the
user from positioning out of the visible range. Screenupdating setting is
only effective in macros to the best of my knowledge.

Tom Ogilvy