-   -   Unauthorised Use Of Macro (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/282174-unauthorised-use-macro.html)

Paul Moles[_2_]

Unauthorised Use Of Macro

I have an auto_close macro designed to reset toolbars etc.
once a user has finished with the workbook.

Is it possible to prevent users being able to run the
macro whilst the workbook is in use?

Many Thanks

Paul Moles
PS The code is protected using project properties, I am
trying to stop premature running.

Tom Ogilvy

Unauthorised Use Of Macro

Use the workbook_beforeclose event instead.

Tom Ogilvy

Paul Moles wrote in message
I have an auto_close macro designed to reset toolbars etc.
once a user has finished with the workbook.

Is it possible to prevent users being able to run the
macro whilst the workbook is in use?

Many Thanks

Paul Moles
PS The code is protected using project properties, I am
trying to stop premature running.

No Name

Unauthorised Use Of Macro

Use the Workbook_BeforeClose event

auto_close macro here
End Sub

Lars Kofod

I have an auto_close macro designed to reset toolbars

etc.
once a user has finished with the workbook.

Is it possible to prevent users being able to run the
macro whilst the workbook is in use?

Many Thanks

Paul Moles
PS The code is protected using project properties, I am
trying to stop premature running.

.

onedaywhen

Unauthorised Use Of Macro

Correct, the user cannot run workbook_beforeclose. But have you ever
wondered why a user *can* run workbook_open directly from the VBE?

Paul Moles wrote in message
I have an auto_close macro designed to reset toolbars etc.
once a user has finished with the workbook.

Is it possible to prevent users being able to run the
macro whilst the workbook is in use?

Many Thanks

Paul Moles
PS The code is protected using project properties, I am
trying to stop premature running.

Harald Staff

Unauthorised Use Of Macro

Hi Paul

What if the user want to have several open files simoultaneously ? I'd expect my toolbars
to look and work as always when I'm in the not-your-workbooks. Consider to use the
activate / deactivate events instead. Paste this in the ThisWorkbook module:

Private Sub Workbook_WindowActivate(ByVal Wn As Window)
MsgBox "Active"
End Sub

Private Sub Workbook_WindowDeactivate(ByVal Wn As Window)
MsgBox "Gone"

HTH. Best wishes Harald
Followup to newsgroup only please.

"Paul Moles" wrote in message
I have an auto_close macro designed to reset toolbars etc.
once a user has finished with the workbook.

Is it possible to prevent users being able to run the
macro whilst the workbook is in use?

Many Thanks

Paul Moles
PS The code is protected using project properties, I am
trying to stop premature running.

J.E. McGimpsey

Unauthorised Use Of Macro

I always assumed it was because Workbook_Open() has no arguments.

You can certainly run this from the VBE:

Public Sub try()
Workbook_BeforeClose True
End Sub