-   -   Save As - Multiple Sheets fails to save as text file (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/282056-save-multiple-sheets-fails-save-text-file.html)

Ravee Srinivasan

Save As - Multiple Sheets fails to save as text file

Hi,
I have a VB program which saves a single column containing
text from a workbook, as a text or a html file. The data
source is from SQL Server 2000. I ran into a problem when
the number of rows execeeded 65536, which I handled it by
continuing across multiple sheets. Now I can only save the
single sheet as a text / html file at a time.
Is there any ideas / suggestions which would help me point
in the right direction as a hack to the solution of
exporting multiple sheets onto a single output file.

Env: VB 6 / Excel 2000 / NT 4.0 / SQL 7

Thanks for your time and help
Ravee.

Tom Ogilvy

Save As - Multiple Sheets fails to save as text file

Use low level file IO to write a file in the format of your choosing - you
format it the way you want

http://support.microsoft.com/support...eio/fileio.asp
File Access with Visual Basic® for Applications

Tom Ogilvy

"Ravee Srinivasan" wrote in message
I have a VB program which saves a single column containing
text from a workbook, as a text or a html file. The data
source is from SQL Server 2000. I ran into a problem when
the number of rows execeeded 65536, which I handled it by
continuing across multiple sheets. Now I can only save the
single sheet as a text / html file at a time.
Is there any ideas / suggestions which would help me point
in the right direction as a hack to the solution of
exporting multiple sheets onto a single output file.

Env: VB 6 / Excel 2000 / NT 4.0 / SQL 7

Thanks for your time and help
Ravee.

Ravee Srinivasan

Save As - Multiple Sheets fails to save as text file

Tom,
Thanks very much for your help. Let me check it out if its
feasible to fudge my program to do that.

Will update the status later

Regards
Ravee.

http://support.microsoft.com/support...ontent/fileio/