-   -   Question about ).End(xlToRight) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/282004-question-about-end-xltoright.html)

Bob Benjamin

Question about ).End(xlToRight)

In the line below what does End(xlToRight) mean?

wbk1.Sheets(1).Cells(i, j) _ = wbk2.Sheets(1).Cells.Find _
(SEARCHKEY).End(xlToRight)

If there a way to change "End(xlToRight)" in this line to
mean the cell at the same row as the found cell but in the very next column?

Any help would be appreciated.

Bob

Bob Flanagan

Question about ).End(xlToRight)

Bob, end(xltoright) does the same thing as presing the End key and the right
arrow.

To specify one cell to the right use .Offset(0,1)

Bob Flanagan
Macro Systems
http://www.add-ins.com

"Bob Benjamin" wrote in message
In the line below what does End(xlToRight) mean?

wbk1.Sheets(1).Cells(i, j) _ = wbk2.Sheets(1).Cells.Find _
(SEARCHKEY).End(xlToRight)

If there a way to change "End(xlToRight)" in this line to
mean the cell at the same row as the found cell but in the very next

column?

Any help would be appreciated.

Bob

Tom Ogilvy

Question about ).End(xlToRight)

wbk1.Sheets(1).Cells(i, j).Value = _
wbk2.Sheets(1).Cells.Find _
(SEARCHKEY).Offset(0,1)

End(xltoRight) would be the same as hitting end and right arrow from the
found cell.

Where it ends up would depend on what in the cells to the right.

Tom Ogilvy

Bob Benjamin wrote in message
In the line below what does End(xlToRight) mean?

wbk1.Sheets(1).Cells(i, j) _ = wbk2.Sheets(1).Cells.Find _
(SEARCHKEY).End(xlToRight)

If there a way to change "End(xlToRight)" in this line to
mean the cell at the same row as the found cell but in the very next

column?

Any help would be appreciated.

Bob

shockley

Question about ).End(xlToRight)

On my computer, .End(xlToRight) works the same as

[crtl + right-arrow]

Whereas

[End + right-arrow]

works the same as

[right-arrow]

by itself.

Regards,
Shockley

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
wbk1.Sheets(1).Cells(i, j).Value = _
wbk2.Sheets(1).Cells.Find _
(SEARCHKEY).Offset(0,1)

End(xltoRight) would be the same as hitting end and right arrow from the
found cell.

Where it ends up would depend on what in the cells to the right.

Tom Ogilvy

Bob Benjamin wrote in message
In the line below what does End(xlToRight) mean?

wbk1.Sheets(1).Cells(i, j) _ = wbk2.Sheets(1).Cells.Find _
(SEARCHKEY).End(xlToRight)

If there a way to change "End(xlToRight)" in this line to
mean the cell at the same row as the found cell but in the very next

column?

Any help would be appreciated.

Bob

Tom Ogilvy

Question about ).End(xlToRight)

Maybe I didn't speak clearly. I didn't say End + right arrow, I said end
and right arrow which I admit is ambiguous. Hit the end key and release it
then hit right arrow (and release it).

thats why the command is end(xltoRight)

Now that may match Ctrl+right arrow, with the ctrl key held down, but this
didn't seem to inspire the name the command to be ctrl(xltoright), so End,
then right arrow is probably a more meaningful explanation.

thanks for bringing the ambiguity to my attention.

Tom Ogilvy

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
wbk1.Sheets(1).Cells(i, j).Value = _
wbk2.Sheets(1).Cells.Find _
(SEARCHKEY).Offset(0,1)

End(xltoRight) would be the same as hitting end and right arrow from the
found cell.

Where it ends up would depend on what in the cells to the right.

Tom Ogilvy

Bob Benjamin wrote in message
In the line below what does End(xlToRight) mean?

wbk1.Sheets(1).Cells(i, j) _ = wbk2.Sheets(1).Cells.Find _
(SEARCHKEY).End(xlToRight)

If there a way to change "End(xlToRight)" in this line to
mean the cell at the same row as the found cell but in the very next

column?

Any help would be appreciated.

Bob

shockley

Question about ).End(xlToRight)

Thanks for clarifying. I've never seen that before where a key stroke
influences the effect of the following key stroke--but I think I like it!

Regards,
Shockley

Well, glad I asked! I have never before come across a case where a key
stroke influences the effect of the next key stroke.