-   -   Using Macro to convert 240 to PRN (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/281994-using-macro-convert-240-prn.html)

Kenneth

Using Macro to convert 240 to PRN

I have a .xls file that I need to be able to save as a PRN file, so that
I can upload to a mainframe 3270. After many tries I finally discovered
that there is a limit of 240 characters when uploading the data. I
finally found a macro that almost does what I need it to do, but it
writes the file as a txt file. This does not keep the data in the
correct columns. I need for the data to remain in the same columns as
they are input. The macro I found is attached. Can someone help me make
this write a PRN file?

| Attachment filename: macro greater than 240 characters.txt |
|Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=353684|

Tom Ogilvy

Using Macro to convert 240 to PRN

Microsoft offers a macro at:

http://support.microsoft.com/default...&Product=xlw97
Formatted Text (.prn) Limited to 240 Characters Per Line

Tom Ogilvy