-   -   Excel's database features (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/281891-excels-database-features.html)

Asif[_3_]

Excel's database features

I don't know anything about excel's database features. Can SQL be used in Excel?

Thanks.

RADO[_3_]

Excel's database features

You can use SQL to manipulate external data but Excel has to be connected to a SQl engine (i.e, Jet or MS SQL etc)
It does not have built-in SQL engine (to the best of my knoweledge.
The way around is to use advanced filter. You can write procedures based on advanced filter to imitate simple SQL features (like single table SELECT etc. Obviously, no joins :-(

Cheers -
RADO