-   -   Call up a Windows Message from Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/281886-call-up-windows-message-excel.html)

Zak[_2_]

Call up a Windows Message from Excel

Hi

I am trying to get an alert message up on screen (a bit
like msgbox in VB) in windows, after a value is updated in
a excel spreadsheet.
I guess it will involve an API call to Windows from Excel,

Can anyone help me on the issue ?

Regards

Zak

Nigel[_5_]

Call up a Windows Message from Excel

Why not use the workbook change event, which is triggered everytime a cell
in the workbook is changed. Try putting the folliwng code behind
ThisWorkbook

Private Sub Workbook_SheetChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target As Range)
MsgBox "The Workbook has Changed"
End Sub