-   -   How to stop Excel help auto tile (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/281879-how-stop-excel-help-auto-tile.html)

Darren Hill[_2_]

How to stop Excel help auto tile

Is there a way in Excel 2000 to switch off the auto tile 'feature' of Help
in Excel (or any Office app for that matter) so that it doesn't resize my
windows when I open Help.
I'm told there is an auto tile button but I don't see it on my version so
I'm assuming that is an Excel XP feature.

Darren

Tom Ogilvy

How to stop Excel help auto tile

You can do this with a registry setting.

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...%40tkmsftngp03

A post by Chip Pearson.

The registry key is

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Co mmon\HelpViewer

If there is a value named IsFloating, give it a value of 1. If there is not,
create a DWORD value in this key named IsFloating and give it a value of 1.

Tom Ogilvy

Darren Hill wrote in message
Is there a way in Excel 2000 to switch off the auto tile 'feature' of Help
in Excel (or any Office app for that matter) so that it doesn't resize my
windows when I open Help.
I'm told there is an auto tile button but I don't see it on my version so
I'm assuming that is an Excel XP feature.

Darren

Darren Hill[_2_]

How to stop Excel help auto tile

Brilliant! Thanks :)