-   -   reference vlookup cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/281825-reference-vlookup-cell.html)

hef[_2_]

reference vlookup cell

HI...

Is there a way to reference a cell after using Vlookup. IE:

a2 10 b2 d
a3 14 b3 e
a4 39 b4 f

c5 14 d5 = vlookup(c5,a2:b4,2,false) ...result 'd'

Now I want to be able to determine the cell was 'b3'

Thanks!!!

Tom Ogilvy

reference vlookup cell

=Match(C5,A2:A4,0)
will give you 2 since it is the second cell in the column of cells A2:A4

Since you know the range starts in A2, you could add 1 to that to get row 3
and you already know the value is in column B.

="B" & Match(C5,$A$2:$A$4,0)+1

Tom Ogilvy