-   -   Retrieving URL (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/281743-retrieving-url.html)

ChuckS

Retrieving URL

I am writing a WEB based application that downloads an XLS file, that contains a macro, from a Web Server to a client and runs the macro. The macro contains code (Function URLDownloadToFile) to download a tab delimited text file from the server. It then opens/reads the file to populate the spreadsheet. I can almost make this work (I'm losing my tabs and linefeeds) if I hardcode the URL in the macro and place the tab delimited text file at that specific location on the server. The problem I have is the text file's name and path are dynamically generated at runtime, therefore I cannot hard code the URL in the macro. Is there any way to retrieve the URL from the macro?

I would appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks,
ChuckS