-   -   Help with "if" statement formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/281705-re-help-if-statement-formula.html)

Chris F[_2_]

Help with "if" statement formula

Have you tried putting your vlookups into an IF statement like -
if(vlookup(range,data,column,false)="#na","",vlook up(range,data,column,false
))
This will only give a number as an answer or a "". Then your formula to
pick up the value would be simple - like sum(4 cells) or max(4cells) or any
one of a number of calculations.

Chris

"scott" wrote in message
Hi folks. I have 4 cells and each containe a v-lookup
formula. Only one of the 4 cells will ever contain a
number, the other 3 will contain #n/a since I used the
false statement in the v-lookup formula.

Now I would like to have a formula that would pick
whichever one of these 4 cells contain the number, and
exclude the other 3.

I have experimented with
=if(a20,a2) and this works fine, but how to continue the
formula to include B2, C2, and D2 is my question. Thanks

Scott

Help with "if" statement formula

This would be a good solution although I just gave it a
try and am not having any luck. It is still returning the
#n/a. I must be missing something. This is what I used:
=IF(VLOOKUP(F4,'2BR SCALE'!A57:B99,2,FALSE)
="#N/A","",VLOOKUP(F4,'2BR SCALE'!A57:B99,2,FALSE))

The original formula was:
=VLOOKUP(F4,'2BR SCALE'!A57:B99,2,FALSE)
Thanks for your help.

"scott" wrote in message
Hi folks. I have 4 cells and each containe a v-lookup
formula. Only one of the 4 cells will ever contain a
number, the other 3 will contain #n/a since I used the
false statement in the v-lookup formula.

Now I would like to have a formula that would pick
whichever one of these 4 cells contain the number, and
exclude the other 3.

I have experimented with
=if(a20,a2) and this works fine, but how to continue

the
formula to include B2, C2, and D2 is my question.

Thanks

.

Tom Ogilvy

Help with "if" statement formula

=IF(ISNA(Match(F4,'2BR SCALE'!$A$57:$A$99,0)),"",VLOOKUP(F4,'2BR
SCALE'!$A$57:$B$99,2,FALSE))

Tom Ogilvy