-   -   Possible to automate Powerpoint from within Excel of Visual Basic? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/281659-possible-automate-powerpoint-within-excel-visual-basic.html)

Greg_Del_Pilar

Possible to automate Powerpoint from within Excel of Visual Basic?

Hi!

I have written a VBA macro in my Powerpoint file. I want to be able to have
Excel (or a Visual Basic standalone program) to load Powerpoint and
automatically run this macro. Does anyone know if this is doable? I tried
recording my keystrokes into an Excel macro, but the farthest I was able to
get was to activate Powerpoint.

Thanks for your help.

Greg

James[_14_]

Possible to automate Powerpoint from within Excel of Visual Basic?

Hi Greg - it can be done.

In your Excel VBProject, you need to create a reference to the 'Microsoft PowerPoint 8.0 Object Library' or whatevery version you have available.

Your procedure would then look something like this:

Sub RunPowerpointMacro()

Dim oApp As PowerPoint.Application

'create an instance of Powerpoint and make it visible
Set oApp = New PowerPoint.Application
oApp.Visible = True

'open the presentation
oApp.Presentations.Open "C:\MyPresentation.ppt"

'run the macro
oApp.Run "MyPresentation.ppt!Module1.TestMacro"

End Sub

Jon Peltier[_4_]

Possible to automate Powerpoint from within Excel of Visual Basic?

I missed the original post, but I have posted some Excel-PowerPoint
examples he

http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/XL_PPT.html

- Jon
-------