-   -   Check to see if cell value exists (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/281558-check-see-if-cell-value-exists.html)

mark

Check to see if cell value exists

I am using Excel 97 and want to be able to check to see if
a cell value on one sheet is already listed in a range on
another sheet.

If the cell value is listed then move to the next cell
down, if not listed then copy the value of that cell into
the next cell available in the range on the sheet.

Can anyone assist with some code please?

Thanks

Mark

Don Guillett[_4_]

Check to see if cell value exists

Have a look in the visual basic editor HELP for FIND

"Mark" wrote in message
I am using Excel 97 and want to be able to check to see if
a cell value on one sheet is already listed in a range on
another sheet.

If the cell value is listed then move to the next cell
down, if not listed then copy the value of that cell into
the next cell available in the range on the sheet.

Can anyone assist with some code please?

Thanks

Mark

No Name

Check to see if cell value exists

I can't find anything suitable in my HELP, I did try this
first!

Can anyone else offer any more suggestions/code, please?

"Mark" wrote in message
I am using Excel 97 and want to be able to check to see

if
a cell value on one sheet is already listed in a range

on
another sheet.

If the cell value is listed then move to the next cell
down, if not listed then copy the value of that cell

into
the next cell available in the range on the sheet.

Can anyone assist with some code please?

Thanks

Mark

.

Ron de Bruin

Check to see if cell value exists

Try this

It will look in each cell in Sheets("Sheet1").Range("a1:a10")
If a cell value not exist in Sheet2 in column A it will copy the cell to the
next available cell in sheet2 column A

Sub Copy_test()
For Each cell In Sheets("Sheet1").Range("a1:a10")
If Application.WorksheetFunction.CountIf(Sheets("shee t2").Range("A:A") _
, cell.Value) = 0 Then
cell.Copy Sheets("sheet2").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)
End If
Next

Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2)