-   -   Need help with advanced filter (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/281527-need-help-advanced-filter.html)

RADO[_3_]

Need help with advanced filter

I am using advanced filter in Ex2002 to filter a list of strings based on a
string criteria. The problem is that Excel does not match strings exactly,
it also returns longer strings where the criteria is a sub-string. I.e., if
the list is

"AAA"
"AA"
"A"

and the criteria is "A", it will return all 3 entries instead of one.

Is there any way to force excel to filter by exact match?

Thanks!

RADO

Debra Dalgleish

Need help with advanced filter

In the criteria area, enter the column heading, and in the cell below,
enter the following formula: ="=A"

There's an example he
http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#Criteria

This isn't case sensitive. If you need an exact match, you can use an
EXACT formula in the criteria range.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List