-   -   Alternative Text for shapes (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/281521-alternative-text-shapes.html)

Jase

Alternative Text for shapes

Hi All

I am using shapes and assigning macros to them to use as
buttons. I was just wondering if it is possible to get
pop up text when you move the cursor over the shapes?
(like if you move the cursor over the start menu at the
bottom of the screen and linger over one box then a
description of the item appears)

If so how do I do this or do you have any other
suggestions?

Thanks heaps
Jase

Dick Kusleika[_3_]

Alternative Text for shapes

Jase

The only way I can see to do that is to assign a hyperlink to the shape and
use the hyperlink's screen tip. Using a hyperlink will prevent you from
running a macro assigned to that shape, however.

If you want a workaround, you could make the hyperlink link to a cell that's
under the shape, then use the sheet's SelectionChange event to run a macro
when that cell is selected (i.e. the shape is clicked). It's not a very
nice way to do it for maintainability. Let me know if you're interested in
that.

--
Dick Kusleika
MVP - Excel